Keeping you at home!
Lease Guarantees that pay the rent for you. Making life easier when you need help!
Get peace-of-mind with lease guarantees designed to keep you current on your rent if you lose your job.
We have your back when you need it most!
It's that simple!
How Lease Guarantees Work
Review the program and use the calculator below to see the Value of being a SkyRent Tenant
Register online in minutes. Make sure you have your landlords name and a copy of your lease ready.
Lose your job and we'll pay your rent to your landlord.*
*Subject to the terms and condition of your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and Summary. You are not guaranteed for the first 60 days after registration.
We pay your rent so you can stay in your home and focus on getting back on your feet. Keeping you in your home is Pensio's core mission!
SkyRent Lease Guarantee Pricing
Because you are a SkyRent tenant, your fees are covered by SkyRent.
Pensio Tenants will pay up to 4 months rent to your Landlord if you lose your job or become disabled and unable to work.
Four Month Option
(*based on $1,000 monthly rent)
in Guaranteed Rent
SkyRent pays your fees for being a SkyRent Tenant
* Check your registration form for the correct fee and the amount of lease guarantee protection
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly happens when I successfully register my lease with Pensio Tenants Canada?
Pensio Tenants co-guarantees your lease and pays your monthly rent directly to your landlord if you have involuntarily lost your job and cannot pay the rent. IF WE PAY YOUR RENT, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY US BACK!
How do I qualify for the Lease Co-Guarantee program?
Simply complete the online Tenant Enrollment. Make sure you meet all qualifications based on the following criteria:
*No documents required at time of registration | affirmations made on registration
- Must have a valid and existing residential lease with a landlord
- Must be the principal tenant and guarantor of the lease and residing full-time in the unit
- No default of rent exists at the time of registration
- Employed full-time and eligible for government Employment Insurance regular benefits
- Not subject to termination, layoff or aware of an impending strike or labor action by employees in respect of tenant’s employer
- If self-employed, must have a services contract for the full 12-month term of the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement
- Not seasonally employed
- Employment or contract is not based with an immediate member of tenant’s family
- Employment or contract is not based with tenant’s landlord
You do not need to provide any supporting documents at the time of enrollment. We also have options for landlords to enroll large groups of tenants. For more information, refer to your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and Lease Co-Guarantee Summary.
How long does Pensio Tenants pay rent to my landlord?
When you complete your online Tenant Enrollment, you can customize your Pensio Tenants Lease Co-Guarantee by selecting a 3, 6 or 12-Month Lease Co-Guarantee option. For example, if you choose the 3 Month Lease Co-Guarantee option, Pensio Tenants will pay up to 3 months of your monthly rent directly to your landlord. The choice is yours!
How much are the Lease Co-Guarantee fees?
Because you are a SkyRent Tenant, the fees are covered by SkyRent.
Please use the calculator on our website to determine your Lease Co-Guarantee Fee. For example, if your rent is $1,000, your monthly Lease Co-Guarantee fee for the 4-month Lease Co-Guarantee is $40 per month for the year.
What is the term of my Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement?
The term of your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement is 12 months subject to renewal at the end of each 12-month term.
What is the Effective Date of my Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement?
The Effective Date is the later of either the date of your registration or the payment of your initial Lease Co-Guarantee Fee.
What are my payment options?
Because you are a SkyRent tenant, your fees are covered by SkyRent.
What is the cancellation policy?
You can cancel within 10 calendar days after enrollment.
What is the process to get my rent paid if I lose my job?
The process to getting your rent paid is simple and quick:
File a demand online within 30 days from the date of involuntary job loss. To file, go to www.pensiotenants.ca, click on “Demand”, and complete a demand form. You can also email our administrator.
Provide proof of demand documents, as requested by the administer, within 90 days from involuntary job loss.
Our administrator will review your demand form and proof of demand documents.
After the demand is approved, the initial monthly rent will be paid directly to your landlord within 5 business days of receipt of proof of demand sufficient to the administrator.
Subsequent monthly rents, based on your chosen Lease Co-Guarantee option, will be paid to your landlord on the last day of each consecutive month
What proof of demand documents do I need to provide?
When you make a demand, make sure you have your proof of demand documents listed below ready before you start the demand process:
- A copy of tenant’s lease agreement, along with contact information for tenant’s landlord
- Two pieces of government identification
- Record of employment
- A copy of tenant’s government Employment Insurance regular benefits, if applicable
- A copy of tenant’s employment status letter confirming tenant’s full-time employment status at the time of registration
- A copy of your verifiable self-employment services contract for the full 12-month term of the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and proof of payment made by each client for the past 12 months, if applicable
- Attending physician’s statement stating tenant’s disability diagnosis and reasons why tenant was unable to be employed, if applicable
- A copy of tenant’s government and private insurance health cards, if applicable
For more information, refer to your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and Lease Co-Guarantee Summary.
What are the exclusions where Pensio will not pay for Job Loss?
- Tenant does not have a valid and existing lease
- Tenant voluntarily left their employment, including retirement
- Tenant is not working due to a strike or labour action against employer
- Tenant does not have a record of employment
- Tenant does not qualify for government Employment Insurance regular benefits
- Tenant was seasonally employed
- If Tenant was self-employed and cannot provide a verifiable services contract for the full 12 month term of the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and proof of payment made by each client for the past 12 months
- Tenant was making a demand during a period of which the federal, provincial, city or municipal government have enacted stay-in-place orders, mandated business closures restricting employment, suspended evictions, suspended payment of rent, or has declared a State of Emergency
When can I submit a demand?
You need to be employed at the time of enrollment and for 60 days following enrollment before you can submit a demand. When you renew each year, the 60-day period does not apply.
For more information on the terms and conditions, please refer to the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and the Lease Co-Guarantee Summary.
Do you pay my rent directly to my landlord when my demand is approved?
Yes. Pensio Tenants pays your landlord directly. You will be asked to provide your landlord’s information when you make a demand. Make sure you have your landlord’s full contact information.
Do I have to pay Pensio Tenants back after you pay for my rent?
We have great news! The rent paid by Pensio Tenants to your landlord does not need to be paid back.
Can I quit my job and have my rent paid?
No. Our Lease Co-Guarantee only applies to those who have been terminated involuntarily by their employer. For more information on when Pensio Tenants will not pay, refer to your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement and Lease Co-Guarantee Summary.
What if I am self-employed?
Pensio Tenants covers self-employed if you have a services contract for the full 12 month term of your Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement. You will need to provide proof of payment made by each client for the past 12 months.
If I cancel the program, do I still owe money to Pensio Tenants?
You can cancel your Lease Co-Guarantee fee obligation by sending a notice to Pensio Tenants at firstname.lastname@example.org. When the notice is received, Pensio Tenants will cancel your Pensio Tenants Lease Co-Guarantee program and you will not be obligated to pay any further monthly payments past the notice date.
If I make a Lease Co-Guarantee demand in the 11th month, do you still pay my rent for the term I have chosen?
Yes. Any demand made in the 12-month period will be paid for the Lease Co-Guarantee option you have chosen. For example, if you have lost your job in the 11th month, Pensio Tenants will pay the rent to your landlord for the following 3 months, or whichever Lease Co-Guarantee option you have chosen, even if you do not renew.
Am I covered if there is a pandemic?
In the event the federal, provincial, city or municipal government have enacted stay-in-place orders, mandated business closures restricting employment, suspended evictions, suspended payment of rent, or has declared a State of Emergency, the involuntary Job Loss Lease Co-Guarantee is not applicable during this period.
Who is Pensio Tenants?
This Lease Co-Guarantee is a guarantee and not an insurance policy or benefit. Pensio Tenants is a participating member of Rentalis Insurance Company Inc, (“Rentalis”), a protected Cell Captive insurance company domiciled in the United States. Pensio Tenants self-procured an indemnity in the form of a surety “performance bond” to secure Pensio Tenant’s performance to You pursuant to the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement. Rentalis is one hundred percent reinsured by reinsurers within the Lloyd’s Market and/or Global Reinsurers rated A.M. Best A (Excellent) or better.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
For questions, please email email@example.com
Notice: Pensio Tenants Canada Corp, is a federal Canada registered company. This Lease Guarantee is a lease co-guarantee and not an insurance policy. The lease co-guarantee is offered in those provinces where permitted by law and subject to the terms and conditions of the Lease Co-Guarantee Agreement, Lease Co-Guarantee Summary, and enrollment terms. You are strongly advised to speak to a professional or advisor before entering into an agreement with Pensio Tenants Canada Corp.